Previously I had been focusing on the product research, not really the research question. I couldn’t find any sources that’s only about creativity, instead the sources talk about what 3D printer can potentially change the future (which is also related to creativity). I’ll include my findings here.
“Creativity is the ability or process in which someone identifies the rules or traditions of a set paradigm and then goes about interpreting, breaking, or bending them to bring about a new or previously unexplored connection.”
Creativity isn’t otherness. It’s making connection with stuff you already know, and develop new ideas.
Creativity is often found in the overlooked details. Creative people pay attention to details and things that don’t really relate to each other, and have the ability to make connections.
What’s it different than innovation?
- Creativity is dreaming of new things while innovation means making those dream come true.
- The thinking up of new things and concepts can be termed creativity whereas innovation is the process of converting these thoughts into practical usage.
- Creativity is said to be the capability of conceiving something unusual or original. On the other hand, innovation is said to be the implementation of some new thing.
- If something new has been brought into existence, it can be said that you have created it, while if you have made improvements to something which already exists, then you can be said to have made an innovation.
- Creativity is generating ideas and innovation is bringing these ideas to life.
- Creativity is related to experience whereas innovation is related to observation. Â
- Creativity is a word that has been derived from Latin word Creo meaning ‘to create’. InnovationÂ is a word that has been derived from LatinÂ Innovationem which is the noun for action of the term innovare.
In order to express my feelings through designing the case, I decided to research about effects and meanings of different colors. Based on my research on color symbolisms, I’ll decide the phone case themes. Click READ MORE for my research. Continue reading
This is the source I’m using for Slic3r basic tutorials. I’ve been searching for different tutorials, and this is the most specific and relevant one. However, this tutorial is designed for older version Slic3r. I couldn’t find any tutorials that’s about the newest version. It’ll still be fine since the basic functions will be the same. The tutorials mentioned about many different features of Slic3r. I’ll only include the important ones into my blog.